Awards and Courses with Surf Life Saving
Members are encouraged to continue their training through the various awards that are available to surf lifesavers. Awards are recognised throughout Australia as SLS NSW is a recognised trainer.
To be a successful volunteer life saver depends on Members having specific and up to date training and education. Life Savers are continually called upon to use these skills and provide a safe environment for those visitng our beautiful beach.
Each year, all our Members are required to undertake an annual proficiency test of the life saving skills learnt during the training of their Bronze Medallion. This annual 'requal' refreshes and reinforces these skills.
Training and education of our life savers is carried out by a small dedicated group of experienced trainers both within the Club and SLS CC.
Many of the courses delivered are nationally accredited which provides opportunities for the knowledge and skills gained through Life Saving to be used for gaining or maintaining employment outside of the Life Saving movement
The following courses are offered through Avoca Beach Surf Life Saving Club
- Surf Rescue Certificate
- Bronze Medallion (courses are run throughout the season, and usually ential one evening and one morning session over a 6-8 week period)
- IRB Crew Certificate
- Silver Medallion IRB Driver
Please register your interest with the Avoca Beach SLSC Admin office: email@example.com Ph: 4382 1514
Awards & Qualifications with Surf Life Saving
What awards are there for me to do and what age do I have to be?
- SLSA - Awards and Certificates with ages that are available for members
- SLS NSW 201011 Proficiency Info Pack
A reminder to all Members, that to drive the Gosford City Council ATV, you must have passed as proficient by the Club. This is an annual proficiency. Only Members with an RTA Drivers License are eligible to drive the ATV
SLS CC Training Program for 2011 - 2012 Season
Awards and Courses run from the SLS CC Office
7/4 Teamster Close, Tuggerah Business Park, Tuggerah
The following courses are run by SLSCC on behalf of Central Coast Clubs:
- Spinal Management
- Silver Medallion Beach Management
- Senior First Aid (Workcover accredited)
- Advanced Rescucitation Techniques
- Gold Medallion
These courses need to be booked vian the Avoca Beach SLSC office: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 4382 1514
Duke of Edinburgh
- Click here to download DoE Letter - introduction and participant proposal
- Click here to download DoE Surf Life Guidelines